See our fees
- You have 2 simple options for adding money to your MogoCard:
1. Visa Direct Transfer – free and instant
Our transfer mechanism supports Scotiabank, TD Bank, CIBC and Royal Bank Visa Debit cards. Your information travels encrypted and will be processed based on the standards dictated by the payment card industry. Your money is transferred instantly and no hold will be applied to your bank account, therefore the transfer cannot be cancelled.
2. Interac e-Transfer – free
Once you’ve completed your transfer, allow at least 30 minutes for the money to be added to your available card balance, at which point you can start using your MogoCard right away!
- There are limits on the amount of money you can spend or withdraw from your MogoCard at one time.
Here’s a breakdown:
Description Limit Maximum amount per transaction $3,000 Maximum amount charged to a MogoCard in 24 hours $5,000 Maximum cash withdrawal amount per transaction $500 Maximum cash withdrawal amount per 24 hours $500
- Unlike most prepaid cards on the market, the MogoCard comes with a specific set of member benefits:
- Free card with no annual or monthly fees
- Carbon offset with every purchase
- Unlimited free POS transactions in Canada
- Real-time notifications about your transactions, updated balance and card activity
- iOS and Android app
- Chip & PIN and payWave
- Reloadable through your MogoAccount
- Accepted internationally
- 24/7 access to your online account to check your transactions and balance
- Emergency card replacement when you're travelling
- Emergency cash disbursement when you're travelling
- 24/7 servicing for lost or stolen cards